We’re excited to announce NEW BRICTT ROUTES coming to our BA(hons) course in 2020…
…Bespoke to those wanting to develop their skillset and focus their training in specialised areas of: Dance Artistry, Musical Theatre, and Acting.
– Hip-hop, street, commercial and freestyle dance techniques
– YouTubing, influencing and TV presenting skills
– Hip-hop theatre and production projects
– Artist development and hip-hop culture
– Music, vocal and beat production
– Studio and live performance techniques
The only degree route of its kind, Dance Artistry is the most current and innovative course in the market place today. Focusing on the elements of hip-hop culture and dance techniques. You will explore how this revolution is continuing to thrive globally and find your place within it.
With a strong emphasis on personal, professional and commercial development, you will become a multi-faceted entrepreneur.
Primarily focusing on your skills as a dance artist, but also taking full advantage of BRICTT’s skill set training in TV, Music and Film and top drawer digital and media skills. This route is set to give you the springboard you need to enter the creative industries as your own business at the highest level. In conjunction with world renowned dance agencies.
– High-end industry standard acting, dance and vocal training
– Full time intensive musical theatre training program
– Physical theatre and contemporary theatre practice,
puppetry and circus skills
– TV and film techniques in conjunction with Brighton Film School
– Taught and devised by our network of West End performers,
producers, directors and choreographers
– Incredible personal and professional development program
Being a Musical Theatre performer today means you need to be much more than a triple threat, you need a skillset that makes you unique. You also need a direct and extensive network and an innate understanding of the industry that you will be working in.
West End theatre offers limited job opportunities, so alongside classic high-end musical theatre training, we offer a program that develops other skills relating to a musical theatre performer in order to broaden work opportunities and connections.
ACTING for the 21st CENTURY
– Rigorous training from experienced practitioners
working in both film and theatre
– A choice of options running alongside your core training
– Thorough preparation for the industry including marketing,
self-taping, audition technique and presentation
– Regular sessions in mindfulness and mental resilience
– A chance to hone your own creative identity in the third
year and to deepen your skills in areas where you thrive
– Public performances to invited audiences
It is no longer simply a case of of just training to be an actor and then waiting for your agent to give you a call.
The industry has changed, and continues to do so. In order to work today in contemporary theatre, film and television, an actor needs to be skilled, adaptable, entrepreneurial and passionate. There is work out there but you need to know how to get it. You need to be able to take opportunities, but also to make them.
BRICTT offers a degree with a difference. We provide rigorous training to equip you technically and creatively to succeed as an actor, but we will also introduce you to a range of areas that you may have never experienced before. We want you to shape your own creative identities, explore what you may have to offer as an artist, discover new passions as well as develop the skills you already have.