Training for the talented, not the elite: in-line with the BRICTT ethos, our audition process is completely FREE.
BRICTT training professionals have a sense of why they want to be a performer; they have commitment, flexibility, passion, dedication, curiosity, discipline, courage, and imagination. They are determined, creative performers with the drive to achieve, they are individuals with vision, entrepreneurial spirit, with the skills to make their own work as well as to be a performer for hire.
We believe that performing arts training should be available to everyone…
…not only is the process free of charge, as a part of the audition you’ll experience a BRICTT workshop, where you’ll get to work with industry professionals from our visiting
18th JANUARY 2019 (FULL)
15th FEBRUARY 2019 (FULL)
1st MARCH 2019
15th MARCH 2019
Can’t attend an audition? Ask us about Video Submissions
Call: 01273 603 333 or e-mail [email protected]
- Two contrasting songs from the musical theatre repertoire. One must be from before 1965.
- Two contrasting monologues, one contemporary.
- Candidates will also take part in a dance class which will include a warm up, stretches and corner exercises.
The day will end with an interview with the Course Principal, Course Leader and Heads of Departments.
- Last no longer than two minutes each
- Be from published plays and not be poems, novels, films or television scripts
- Involve a character chosen from your own gender and close to your own age
- One must be performed in your native accent
- Be learnt in full but be prepared to only sing for 2 minutes.
- Be performed in the key in which the music is written (the accompanist will not transpose into a different key).
- Give you the opportunity to act through them.
- Not be from a classical repertoire (this includes opera)
Open Days for 2019
We believe it’s as important for you to audition us as it is for us to audition you, so with that in mind our Open Days are a brilliant way to see if BRICTT is the right institution for you.
We would love for you to join us on of our Open day-workshops, you’ll get to work with key members of our visiting faculty such as West End stars Darren Bennett and Anna Jane Casey as well as our core faculty giving you a real insight in to the level of training you can expect at BRICTT. Workshops run from 10am – 1pm and you will do a combination of dance, drama and vocal technique.
You will have a tour of the facilities and be given an in depth talk on the course, including how our unique pathways and options will work for you. This is also your chance to ask any questions you may have, so BRICTT staff are on hand to help with any queries you may have from Student Finance to accommodation and life in student life in Brighton.
After you have finished auditioning us – you are able to go on to perform your individual songs and monologues if you have pre-arranged this, alternatively if you prefer you can come back to a later workshop and audition day, perhaps working with a different tutor and industry professional. The dates are:
18th January 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
15th February 2019
1st MARCH 2019
15th MARCH 2019
To book in for an open day workshop please e-mail [email protected]